Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
pregnancy

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Update on Baby Riley

So I had my 4 week follow up ultrasound today to see how Riley is growing and how the cyst is doing. I decided it would be ok for me to go by myself this time. Dan had a meeting in southcenter and I told mom she didn't have to miss work. The last ultrasound went well so I figured everything would be ok. Well that was a bad idea. Everything is fine I will explain in a minute, but the ultrasound techs freaked me out and I was in tears by the end. Well they kept asking me weird questions and were talking really quiet and had a concerning look on their faces. She even had to get another tech to come look, then they said we need the doctor now and then left the room. I was so scarred and didn't know what was wrong with my baby. Finally Dr. Dashow came to the rescue and explained everything to me. Dr. Dashow is the perinataolgist and is a very good and nice doctor. He explained to me that the septum in the bladder was still there and so was the cyst but it was so small that he could not even show me with his fingers. He said the echogenic bowel is still there but most likely is caused from the baby swallowing blood. The new concern was that Riley's left Kidney is not growing. They can see it but it is very small. His right kidney is the right size and working perfectly. They said they are going to continue to watch it , there is a possibility that it could still grow or it could stay small. The Doctor said that many people live long lives with one kidney. He also told me that Riley is doing great. He is in the 73% weighing 3lb 2 oz already (this kinda scares me how big is he going to be???, but I am glad he is growing). He also said my fluid levels were great. Dr. Dashow explained everything to me and made me feel so much better, When I left I was feeling ok, still a little scared but more confident that Riley will be ok. I will never go to another appointment alone. I have another ultrasound on July 23rd so I will keep all of you updated. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

The Two of US

The Two of US

Family Picture.

Family Picture.

The Parents to be

The Parents to be
we cant wait to meet our new member of the family.

Daisy and Duke

Daisy and Duke
Big sister and brother can't wait to meet the baby