Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
pregnancy

Thursday, July 31, 2008

They came back and I got a ticket to the hospital

So we got home around 10pm last night and I watched a little TV and then went to bed. I kept waking up with contractions but around 3 am they got a lot stronger and were closer together. Not to get to personal but I also was having a little bleeding so I got a little scarred, I called the birth center and they told me to come in and be checked again. So I woke Dan up out of a dead sleep and told him we had to go back to the Hospital. We got to the hospital around 4 am and I was hooked up to the monitors again. I was contracting about every 2 to 4 minutes and they were starting to hurt. They checked my cervix again and I was now dilated to 1cm. Since my cervix had changed and I am preterm I got a first class ticket to the birth center and was admitted to a room. Because the baby is preterm I was given 2 doses of steroids 12 hours apart. The steroids are a big shot that is very painful, I did not like it at all but I know I had to do it. The steroids help the babies lungs develop. I also got more shots of medication to stop the contractions. I got an IV and was started on antibiotics. After a few hours things started to slow down and I was moved to the perinatal floor for observation.

No comments:

The Two of US

The Two of US

Family Picture.

Family Picture.

The Parents to be

The Parents to be
we cant wait to meet our new member of the family.

Daisy and Duke

Daisy and Duke
Big sister and brother can't wait to meet the baby