Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
pregnancy

Thursday, August 7, 2008

This Medication sucks.

The medication I was started on in the Hospital and was told to continue to take while on bedrest is helping the contractions but the side effects suck. They warned me about these side effects and for the first two days of the medication I felt fine, but then I got almost every side effect there is. The Medication is to stop my contractions but it is classified as a cardiac medication usually used for blood pressure. The side effects are Headache, nausea, heartburn, sweating, flushing, and a couple others. The worst for me is the headaches. every time I take the medication I get a horrible headache. I usually just have to lay down and put ice on my head. I avoid taking anything for the pain because I don't want more medication in my body or going to Riley. The other side effect that is horrible is the flushing and sweating. I feel like I am on fire and my skin turns all pink and I feel clammy. This really sucks when it is so hot out to begin with. The other nasty side effect is the nausea. I thought I was done with that in the first trimester, well I was wrong. This medication makes me very nauseous and it is even worse when you combine it with the headache. I have to take the medication every 6 hours so as soon as all my side effects go away I am due for another dose and the cycle starts all over. Well I know it sucks but it is whats best for me and Riley. My Doctor said she will take me off the medication between 36 and 37 weeks which is only a couple weeks away. Hopefully it will get better. If anyone was any non medication tricks on how to relieve some of these side effects please fill me in on them. You will be my best friend forever.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Gosh, Sarah, I should read your blog more often, none of us had any idea. Take care of yourself and I'll see you at your next baby shower.

The Two of US

The Two of US

Family Picture.

Family Picture.

The Parents to be

The Parents to be
we cant wait to meet our new member of the family.

Daisy and Duke

Daisy and Duke
Big sister and brother can't wait to meet the baby